Whether you're trying to install your personal app (also called the Tapper App) on your personal mobile device or you're trying to share it with a client, prospect, referral partner, friend, or family member -- the process only differs based on the device that you are trying to install the app on.
Here's a step-by-step tutorial video and further written instructions below the video.
To install your personal app on an android device, simply follow these steps:
- First, look for a text message. If the app has been successfully shared, you will receive text message. It will either come from a 425 area code phone number or the personal number of the individual sharing the app. Open the message and click the link in the text message. (P.S. Not sure how to share your Tapper App? Find more instructions here.)
- Once you click the link in the text message, your internet browser app will launch and open a page with a preview of the app.
- Next, locate the menu (looks like 3 vertical dots) at the top right. Tap on the menu. (Note: If you do not see the 3 dots, you might not have Google Chrome set as your default internet browser application. Simply go back to the text message and copy the link. Open the Chrome application and paste the link. We also recommend that you go into your device settings and set your default or preferred browser to Google Chrome.)
- Click "Add to Home screen" near the bottom of the menu options. A notification will pop up to let you rename the label under the Tapper App icon. We recommend naming the app as the name of the owner's company, brand, or simply their first and last name. Make any desired changes and hit "Add."
- Finally, a notification at the bottom of your browser window will alert you that the Tapper App has successfully been added to your home screen. You may simply close your browser window and app now.
- Return to your home screen and locate the Tapper app icon. The icon will either be the owner's photo or logo, not to be confused with TappTracker, which is a blue icon with a rising arrow illustration. Tap to open the app.
- The first time you open the app, you will be asked to register. This step is just to ensure that the new contact is correctly tracked in TappTracker's Tapper List. Simply click "Accept." This device will now have full access to the Tapper App. (Not sure where to find your Tapper List in TappTracker? Find more information here.)
Here are some great video resources to explore next!
- How to Install the Tapper App on iPhones
- What's the difference between TappTracker and the Tapper App?
- Overview of the Tapper App (Your Personal App)
- Overview of TappTracker
- How to customize your Tapper App, pt 1 (Change/Update Colors, Photos, Logo, Icon, and Buttons)
- How to customize your Tapper App, pt 2 (Documents and Resources)
- Sharing Your App: Best Practices and 4 Key People to Share with
- How to Login to Your Online Dashboard
- How to Adjust Email Notifications and Daily Usage Reports
- My Reports: What They Are and How to Use Them
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-TAPPIFY (827-7439).