If you are an iPhone user sharing from your own phone number to another iPhone, you may run into this issue.
In iOS version 10.2 (released December 2016), Apple introduced a change in how URL formatting occurs when mobile device users send messages to one another.
In some circumstances, when you send a Share Message to a new Tapper (i.e., end user of your app) from an iPhone, the message they receive from you will have a non-tappable app link. In other words, they will not be able to tap to open and install your app when they first receive the Share Message.
To understand whether and how this affects you, and which workaround(s) may be best for you, please click here for a complete list of FAQs.
Here are some excellent resources to visit next:
- How to Install the Tapper App on iPhones
- How to Install the Tapper App on Android Devices
- What's the difference between TappTracker and the Tapper App?
- Overview of the Tapper App (Your Personal App)
- Overview of TappTracker
- How to customize your Tapper App, pt 1 (Change/Update Colors, Photos, Logo, Icon, and Buttons)
- How to customize your Tapper App, pt 2 (Documents and Resources)
- Sharing Your App: Best Practices and 4 Key People to Share with
- How to Login to Your Online Dashboard
- My Reports: What They Are and How to Use Them
Still need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-TAPPIFY (827-7439).